The monosyllable word test after von Wallenberg and Kollmeier (WAKO) is suitable for the assessment of speech intelligibility in quiet and in noise. The test is conducted with a closed set response method showing 5 words as response alternatives after each presentation. Each alternative differs in one of three phonems. The WAKO rhyme test may be used as alternative to the German “Freiburg speech test (monosyllable)”. The test is suitable for hearing impaired and cochlea implant users.
- Assessment of speech intelligibility in quiet or in noise
- Alternative to the “Freiburg speech test (monosyllable)” with high accuracy
Key Features of WAKO
- Closed set response monosyllable rhyme test
- Equivalent test lists
- Normal articulation
Oldenburg Measurement Applications
- 18 test lists with 25 words each
- 10 test lists with 47 words each
- 10 test lists with 72 words each
- 5 alternatives (words) shown for each word
- Measurements with continuous noise possible
- Response given directly by the patient possible
520,- € (recommended retail price) plus German statutory value-added-tax for an already existing basic licence.
A basic licence is available for 650.00 € (recommended retail price) plus German statutory value-added-tax (amendments may occur).
Installation and service will be charged by your audiometer provider at cost.
* This document is NOT an electronic instruction manual according to regulation (EC) No. 207/2012, but merely to be used as information material. Only the instruction manual, which is enclosed to the product, has to be used!