In the first funding period of Hearing4all, we have successfully connect three classically separated fields diagnosis, hearing devices and assistive technology in hearing support within one highly interdisciplinary, goal-oriented research unit.
However, the problems that hearing impairment causes to our ageing society are not yet solved. There are four persistent challenges which Hearing4all 2.0 aims to solve drawing upon extensive expertise and scientific collaboration across disciplines, university sites, research sectors (e.g. university, clinic, industry), and research areas in basic, applied and clinical sciences.
So we enhance our research „From models, technologies and solutions for diagnosing, restoring and supporting hearing (Hearing4all 1.0)“ to „Medicine, basic research and technical solutions for personalised hearing care (Hearing4all 2.0)“!
These challenges will be addressed in four Research Threads:
Research Thread I: Auditory processing deficits throughout the lifespan
Research Thread II: IT-based diagnostics and rehabilitation
Research Thread III: Auditory precision medicine: research-based novel intervention methods
Research Thread IV: The H4A hearing devices of the future
German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Carl-von-Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
- Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
- Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Jade-Hochschule (Hörtechnik und Audiologie)
- HörTech gGmbH
- Fraunhofer IDMT – Projektgruppe Hör-, Sprach- und Audiotechnologie
- Deutsches Hörzentrum Hannover GbR
- Hörzentrum Oldenburg GmbH
- Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V.
- Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg Institute for Advanced Study
Hearing4all 1.0: November 2012 - 31. December 2018
Hearing4all 2.0: January 2019 2012 - December 2025